0

Mid-March 2002, since that fateful day when Ely left Raimund, Marcus, and Buddy, the OPM industry lost a significant figure and icon. A lot of people was shocked and dismayed, especially the fans. The band was known as the Beatles of the Philippines, or popularly known as the Eraserheads (my favorite band of all time). They are a legend and probably the BEST band ever in the history of the Philippines.

August 2008, it was confirm that the members will be playing together again for a one-night concert. Then the concert day came, we cried the first time we heard them playing again, we rejoice, we celebrate, we sang with them, and shout together. But unfortunately, the concert was cut short because Ely was rushed to the hospital due to heart failure. Still, we believed to ourselves that they’ll be back again. And indeed, they came back. Not so long ago, Ely, Raimund, Marcus, and Buddy played together again for the last time in front of 100,000 fans last March 7, 2009 on the Mall of Asia Grounds dubbed as The Final Set.

The End? Definitely NOT!

More than 3 years had passed, I was just browsing some stuff in my facebook wall and a post grabs my attention. It says, “The Reunion: The Eraserheads North American Tour Concert”. First thing that came out on my mind was it’s either fake or just a teaser trailer/poster for the upcoming movie of Star Cinema – The Reunion, which was based on the Eraserheads itself and the new tribute album of their songs.

Days had passed, I checked again and again the news regarding about the concert and I was starting to believe that it was actually true. Then lo and behold “It’s official. They are back. The rumor is true. The Eraserheads will play again, not once, but four (4) times on October 2012”. I don’t know what to react. Should I be happy about it? Should I celebrate or be sad, because the venue of the concert tour will be in US (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, and New York)? Sadly speaking, I’m going to miss their concert again and it’s all because of just ONE question. How the hell I can afford the fare, lodging, ticket, etc.? The point is, MONEY is the problem. And we do all know it’s not easy to get money these days. Plus, I don’t have a visa. And I thought to myself, this is my opportunity to see them together, I don’t know if they do this again, this is my chance. Yes, I do admit, I’d never seen them performing live. And to tell the truth, of the four of them, I only saw Ely once during his Pupil concert in the capital town of our province.

And here I am, waiting… waiting for nothing. It’s kind of a disappointment on my part not to witness it, but hey “sabi nga nila – Huwag maniwala sa Maling Akala” (they once said it that never believe in wrong assumption). With that thought, I’d say this to all the Eheads fans out there, let’s keep our hopes high because we’ll see them again somehow or another to give us again one or more epic and legendary concert. Long live ERASERHEADS.

That is all.



Disclaimer: The photo used were not mine. Credit goes to the owner.

Post a Comment

 
Top